Monday, July 14, 2008

Apartment in Alaska

img762 I have talked a little about our apartment in Alaska.  It was a one room apartment and I don't mean a one bedroom with a living room, kitchen and bath.  I mean it was a one room apartment and all of that was in one room.  The walls separating the apartments were 1/4 inch plywood so you could hear everything your neighbor did or said.  Of course I am getting all of this from stories told by Mom and Dad in my later years.  This is a photo of our apartment building.  There are four apartments in this building.

I think this picture might be of the time that Dad got tired of being cold all night.  He built up the fire in the stove and got the apartment nice and hot and went to bed.  When he got up the next morning all of the snow had melted from the roof and formed icicles around our apartment.

No comments: