Thursday, July 17, 2008

The White's

These are some pictures of Dad's side of the family , all related to his real Father, Herbert F. White Sr.

img826 Aunt Tinnie, I believe her last name was Zero.  She live in Port Authur, TX and worked all her life for Gulf Oil at a refinery there.  I recall that we used to go visit with her and she lived in a small apartment upstairs.  You walked up a flight of stair outside and entered into her bedroom/living room.  There was a small kitchen and bathroom.  She had her walls covered with various knick knacks and we weren't allow to touch them according to Mom and Dad.  Aunt Tinnie didn't mind and would bring some of them down for Margaret and I to look at and play with.  She was a nice lady and I liked going to visit her.  This picture was taken in the Chinese Sunken Gardens in San Antonio.

img827 Front row L to R:  Aunt Alva, Aunt Fannie, Aunt Tinnie, Toby and me.  Back row L to R:  Uncle Jack Byland and Jack White.

Uncle Jack and Aunt Alva Mae lived in Port Authur where he was a painting contractor.  Aunt Fannie was married to Uncle George Savoy and they lived in Lake Charles, LA.  We used to go to Gilcrist, TX every Labor day and go fishing with them.  I do not remember Toby nor Jack White.  It was my understanding in later years that he was a cousin of Dad's and he was the black sheep of the family and they didn't talk about him very much.  I do not know where he lived or anything about him except he was married and had two sons.

No comments: