Saturday, July 12, 2008

A few Aunts and Uncles

img637 Uncle Sonny and Dad.  I took this picture at the Texas State Fair in either 1963 or 1964.  It was the time that a bunch of us were going to the State Fair and Aunt Vera Mae and Uncle Raymond agreed to let Kenny Ray and Paula go with us.  She put me in charge and told them to mind their manners and mind me.  Kenny Ray must have been about 10 and Paula about 8 or 9.  They were perfect children and never gave anyone any problems.  I will never forget the trust Aunt Vera Mae and Uncle Raymond has in me to entrust their children to my care.

img642

Uncle Billy.  I think the date on the back is either 1958 or 1959, it is blurred.

img643

Uncle Billy and Aunt Peggy.  This picture was taken in either '58 or '59 in Grandma and Grandpa Beene's front yard.  I can see Hoggs School in the background.  That was the school that Margaret and I enrolled in in 1955 for a few months while we were waiting to go to Saudi Arabia.

img644 Aunt Wanda and Uncle Sonny.  I believe this picture was taken in either 1958 or 1959 and was taken in Mom and Dad's front yard in Schertz.

No comments: